Sunday, January 19, 2014

Cabo San Lucas - arrival Sunday, January 19, 2014

Beth is starting a short term (3 months) job working 75% time.  He start date is Monday, January 27th.  So at the very last minute we decided that we wanted to beach/ocean relaxing vacation prior to her start date.  We chose Cabo San Lucas because it is close (2 hour and 40 minute fight) and not too expensive!
I booked our flights, last minute on Virgin America (about $750 total for both of us round trip).  BTW the planes were only about 1/2 full on both of our flights.

We booked the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos, it's Hyatt's first ever ALL INCLUSIVE.


We arrived around 5:00 pm and I had arranged to have a rental car (Styx) for our entire stay.  However the 49ers were playing the Seattle Seahawks to see who would go to the Super Bowl.  In the Sports Bar at the Hyatt there were a lot of Seahawks fans and NO 49ers fans.  I rack this up to the fat that when we left SF is was about 75 degrees and no rain in sight....to beautiful weather.  Most is not all the people in Cabo San Lucas are from Canada, Montana, South or North Dakota and of course Seattle as the weather sucks.  In any case I had to root hard and loud, which Beth did not appreciate, in order to try and compensate for not having any other fans to cheer with me.  While I had never been to an All Inclusive, I do love that I could order 2, 3 shots of Tequila and keep em coming.....as it turns out we lost the game on almost the last play!

No comments:

Post a Comment