Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Kayaking, Lane's Cove and enjoying vacation - Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Today, after Beth did some work in the morning we went over to Lane's Cove to go Kayaking. We used Discovery Kayak's.  We spent about 2 hours on the ocean 1 1/2 hours into the wind and it only took us a 1/2 hour to get back.  We went all the way to the Annisquam Lighthouse  and even kayaked past the Large Pelagics Research Center.  We had a wonderful time.  When we were finished we decided that it would be great to enjoy one of the many Quarry pools of fresh water, the one we visited is called Vernon's Quarry.  As Beth was still working she had to do a conference call at 3:00 from the quarry….cell phones are great!

During this visit Beth has been working so my days have been open to walk the beach, read, clean up photo's and other items on my computer.  I haven't taken many photographs but what has surprised me has been the wild life around Gloucester.  This link is an overview map of the wildlife area's, it's a nice overview.  I also found many different wild life images on this blog of which I have experienced the coyotes, green heads, Great Egret's, butterflies, etc.

In Michael's back yard is a nest of Hawks, in looking at this web site of New England birds it looks like  it may be an immature Bald Eagle.  Here is my photo:



Of course Gloucester is famous for it's fishing.  Here is a history of the fishing industry in Gloucester.
While I haven't gone out fishing or diving on this trip fishing is everything in Gloucester.

.


No comments:

Post a Comment