Saturday, March 7, 2015

Our "Double Departure" from Tecate, Mexico and the trip to LA

As I noted earlier we choose to leave our car on the US side in order to avoid the car lines to re-enter the US.  Rancho La Puerta drove us to the boarder helped us with our bags through Immigration, etc..  Once we got all our bags into my car the RLP staff, told me, do not turn left from the parking lot as that CHP might give you a ticket.  Turn right then make a left prior to entering Mexico.  Well I did why he told me and just as I passed a metal gate I noticed there was no place to turn left BEFORE MEXICO……..yes you guessed it we mistakenly got duked into entering Mexico you can image how PISSED I was…..long story short it cost us about a 45 minute delay.

Once on our way to LA on a Saturday I was surprised by how much traffic there was……we got to West Hollywood and check into our "HIP" hotel the Pali Hotel on Melrose Ave.  Either we are getting old, which is true and or we are just not that HIP anymore……I like services and here the staff had to do everything…..need ice…..ask the staff…….need to turn down the 72 degree temperature……ask the staff to do it….but it was close to where John Vergara and Michael Hayden live.

So after having a bit of the bourbon, to clam my nerves after the Mexico departure and rive to LA. John and Michael picked us up.  Michael Hayden wanted to stop by one of his fellow artist exhibits prior to dinner.  Her name is Lisa Bartleson.   You can check out their Art by clicking on their names.

From here we went to one of John's favorite Spanish restaurants called Tinto Tapas Espana.  We had wonderful meal, although quite expensive.

All and all a great day/night and so nice to catch up with John and Michael again.

No comments:

Post a Comment