Saturday, October 24, 2009

India juxtaposition

We’ve had trouble posting as our computer ran out of juice and the adaptor listed in the guide books and that worked in Delhi, didn’t work in Agra or Jaipur. At the Jai Mahal Palace, still owned by the Royal Family – so we are guests of the King in the land of supreme software engineers, we couldn’t get an adaptor that worked. Finally our Jaipur guide came through, we wandered through bazaars for an hour until we found India’s equivalent of Radio Shack – a 4 ft by 10ft store packed from floor to ceiling that had a Kun Dip voltage step down converter and adaptor. So… we are back on line and we post!

2 comments:

  1. I had a funny experience at breakfast here at the Jai Mahal Palace. The server asked if I wanted pancakes, I said yes. They asked banana or chocolate and I answered yes, both. Thinking that I would have this awesome chocolate and banana pancake......of course I receive one banana pancake and one chocolate pancake...I guess they feel the two should never be mixed!

    ReplyDelete