Tuesday, September 11, 2018

Will I ever catch up? Yes, of course - Rugby 7 X 7 - Middlebury Midcore/Monterey and more

July 20th -22nd, 2018

So after a wonderful trip to Massachusetts and New York it's nice to be home again.

Soon after we returned I had tickets for the entire weekend of the Rugby World Championship 7 X 7 played at our A.T. & T. Park.

I had never seen nor did I know much about Rugby, which is normally played 15 X 15.  But as I understand it 7 X 7 is basically the same rules, however with only 14 total people on the field vs. 30 you can imagine how much more room the players have to run.  It's an incredibly fast and powerful game.  Each game has two 7 minute halves with a minute or two half time.  So in 15 minutes the game it over.  I was very impressed with the POWER and SPEED of players. I loved it.

Friday night Beth came with me and since I sold my other tickets to John Diserens and he was out of town we invited Ford and Lynn Goodman to attend, they also loved the games.

Saturday and Sunday I was with John (and Aussie) and Gail and his kids.


The following week we once again helped in Middlebury College's Summer Immersion Program called MiddCORE.  This is the 4th time we've helped with the previous 3 being up in Lake Tahoe.  This year it was in Monterrey at the Asilomar.  What we LOVE the most is the Innovation Challenge
We are always so impressed with the innovations these students create!

A few flowers growing in the sand dunes of Asilomar



Of course we HAD to visit the Monterey Bay Aquarium and as is always the case it was very impressive.  We loved the Jellyfish



And to finish off a busy July 2018 my Best Man, Larry Katz invited me down to San Diego to see the Giants play the Padres on Tuesday, July 31st.  A few times a year he gets these FRONT ROW seats that include EVERYTHING.....meal in a restaurant pre-game, with Martini's of course.  They service during the game with again EVERYTHING....drinks, food, candy you name it.  And to top it all off the position of his seats mean we are on TV.  So everyone watching can see us....thank you Larry!


Hoe about that...paper straws!


No comments:

Post a Comment