Sunday, May 6, 2012

The journey home! Brussels to San Francisco

Sunday, May 6th and I am headed home after a fantastic trip!  The cab picked me up at the Kempinski "Dukes" hotel at 6:10 am in order to catch the 6:30 am train from Bruges to Brussels. I had to change trains once to get to the Brussels airport.  By the time I got to the airport, through the check in and security line it was boarding time.  We left at 10:00 am and I arrived into Newark at 12:00 pm.

I had a 5 hour lay over, originally I thought I might go into Manhattan, but I was so tired I decided to try and catch an earlier flight home. No luck, almost all of United's flights from Newark were delayed, they didn't seem to have enough planes.  My 5:00 pm flight was delayed until 7:00 and so I caught an earlier flight leaving at 6:15 pm.  By the time Super Shuttle got me home my door to door travel time was over 25 hours.......one of my longest travel days to date.  I had a cold and was blowing my nose and coughing the entire trip which made the journey a bit more challenging.....but as is always the case, it is SO nice to be home!

No comments:

Post a Comment