Friday, May 4, 2012

Opened My Heart & Felt the Love

Friday, May 4th - Today is my niece Danielle's 16th Birthday, so first a shout out - HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO YOU DANIELLE!

We arrived at the Kempinski Hotel Dukes Palace in Bruges, Belgium around 8 pm last night (5/3).  As you can imagine any hotel that was a former Duke's Palace is pretty special.  We had dinner at Breydel-De Conic, including Belgium's famous mussels and crashed.

Today I took the train (1 hour) to Brussels to meet another one of my niece's Kimberly.  She is going to Hotel school in the Hague, Netherlands.  She took the train, 2 hours and 15 minutes each way, to meet me for the day.

Anyone reading this blog knows me.  You know that I am a passionate, emotional man, along with many other incredible traits should I say so myself.  I feel so much in my heart and spending the day with Kim was simply lovely.  I love all my niece's and nephews, however I rarely have had the opportunity to be with Kim.  This is the 2nd time I've met her in Europe, last time I went to Koln to see her.  To be able to spend the day together, just her and I, was special and I cherish our time together.  The day was also filled with lots of emotions and tears, from open hearts and love!

Kim is beautiful young lady, she is loving, smart, mature, dedicated, driven, I could go on could and on and on.  She longs for a connection to our California family.  She plans to work in California once she finishes school in February.  Since she previously worked in the Hyatt Koln, she is hopeful to work for Hyatt in California.  As some of you many know my other niece Jackie, currently works for Hyatt in Miami.  Very interesting Beth and I  have no children yet 2 of my nieces work for Hyatt.

I was a little late in meeting Kim but we wandered around and here are some photo's:

Kim in the Galeries Royales St. Hubert

Grand Palace Grote Markt

While we were walking around a Moroccan couple must have just gotten married on the Grand-Place. They came out on to the balcony to wave to everyone in the square.

Some more photo's of Kim and I




Belgium Boy pissing
Kim at lunch, with James Bond as her waiter






We went into the Musee Magritte Museum.  We saw some really cool stuff. We played the game Beth and I play in museums.  We each get to pick one object (painting, sculpture, etc.) that we own and then we get to visit it.  

This is Kim's I wish I could have blown it up. The title in French says "This is not a pipe"


1 comment:

  1. Sounds like a great time with Kimberley. Can't wait to see you. Enjoy your last day in Bruges.
    Check your email about Monday logistics.

    Hugs.
    Beth

    ReplyDelete