Thursday, May 3, 2012

Trust the Universe, it will support you!

Today was quite a long day of travel, yet it was really quite efficient and easy.  We left Berlin at 10:48am.  Our train was headed to Koln, where we had to change trains to then head towards Brussels.  They kept stating that the train was going to spilt in two in Wuppertal.  Cars 20 to 29 were going to Dusseldorf and 30 to 39 Koln.  As it turned out a wonderful father with two young boys told us that an annoucement was made only in German that their was a problem with the train and we needed to get off at the next stop and transfer to a local train for the last hour trip to Koln.  Had that man not been so kind and considerate to help us who knows how far we might have gone.  This is yet one more example of how wonderful the German people have been on my trip.

We made it all the way with no wrong turns and with the support of everyone we asked questions of!  Our total train travel time today was 7 hours and 20 minutes.  I was able to finish Born to Run and started The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo.

Oh I almost forgot to list my ongoing reminders of Beth.  Our path, on the train, today took us through Minden!

DZ Bank below, this is what it says:

"Restrained by strict building regulations in this historically sensitive location on Pansier Platz between  the hotel Adlon (our hotel) and the Brandenburg Gate, Frank Gehry's first building in Berlin, the former DG Bank, which was finished in 1999, saves it's deconstructivist surprises for the interior.  The deceptively plain limestone facade gives way to a writhing fish-like form in glass, wood and metal that dominate the the central atrium.  The shiny, curvaceous belly of the "whale" houses a function room and auditorium." I wish I could have been able to go inside and walk around to take different looks, but it was not allowed.




The Tulips are blooming
Lastly, I am on a mission to purchase a new can.  I've been to the SF Car show, test drove many different cars.  I think I found the car I want a Bugatti Veyron.  It's top speed is 253 MPH and I looked at the 2011 pricing and it was around $2 million, $250 thousand dollars!



(Sorry I was not able to figure out where to find on this computer to find the photo's I downloaded from Richard's camera, but I attached a link so you see read about it and see it)

Photo's from our departure on DB Deutsches Bahn



No comments:

Post a Comment