Monday, June 20, 2016

Monday, June 20th to Sunday, June 26th

Ah, another week at home, YES! 

On Monday (6.20.16) I went to the Dentist because the capped tooth next to my front teeth kept falling out.  I would "glue" it back in, it would last a week or two and then fall out again.  This happened before I left San Francisco and my Dentist glued it back in but his "glue job" only lasted a couple of months (April through May).  The Dentist said he too could glue it back in BUT it would come out again as my "real tooth" was too short to hold the cap on.  I just wanted it fixed once so I decided to have my first ever IMPLANT.  
We schedule the surgery for Friday (6.24.16) and the cost will be a total of 750 Euro's......Beth had a tooth implant before we left San Francisco...I think it cost like $9,000 dollars!!!!!

This week we tried a local gym, about a block from our house.  We went for one day and as part of the gym we get a personal trainer. We liked the work out and decided that we would join effective next Monday.  We feel having scheduled appointments with a personal trainer helps motivate us to go to the gym, plus he keeps track of our workouts and moves us from machine to machine, it's great.

It was also the week of Beth's Birthday, which was on Thursday, June 23rd.  I reserved a table outside at the Marina Beach Club and enjoyed a wonderful Birthday.


Beth with a Hendrix Gin and Tonic

Me with a shot of Tequilla
As it turns out this night was a special night in Spain, it was the celebration of La Noche de San Juan.  This festival takes place on Beth's birthday every year, the 23rd of June  to celebrate the summer solstice.  Since they light bonfires on the beach after our dinner at the beach we just walked along the walkway to see everyone enjoying.

They have quite a few rituals for this evening.  Since we finished dinner around 11:30 we saw many people start to walk down towards the sea at close to mid-night.  We followed and we joined them in jumping over the waves as the clock struck 12:00.






On Friday (6.24.16) I had my implant surgery all went well.  It started at 5:00 pm and they were done by 6:30pm.  And tonight we were invited over to our best friends house Jorge and Ferni for dinner.   We could not say no so I just tried to eat soft food and on the left side of my mouth.

But they are such a wonderful couple, we had a nice dinner and they were so sweet they even bought a Birthday cake for Beth and brought it out after dinner with some candles as a surprise...so nice.

BTW I bought Beth some Sterling Silver earrings and a Sony cyber-shot HX300 camera with 50X zoom and video.  It is SO light weight and a totally awesome camera.  

No comments:

Post a Comment