Monday, April 30, 2012

Crossing the Baltic Sea

After a wonderful time and experience in Copenhagen our journey continues as we travel by train on Sunday, April 29th from Copenhagen, Denmark across the Baltic Sea to Berlin, Germany.

I was sleepless so I got up early, walked around and took these photo's:

Amalienborg Palace - the home of Danish Royalty (in our neighborhood)

This is NOT on a angle just my photo at 6:30am I'll list the name of this church later
One of the many entrances to the Kastellet fort




Sunrise? over Denmark with Wind Power!

Inside of Kastellet fort

Statue in Kastellet fort to honor all the soldiers who gave their lives for Denmark


This is the waterfront of our hotel Admiral (the brown brick building on the right)

Our ice cream and waffle ice cream spot....I think we had desert here at least 3 nights! Of course I ONLY have ICE for my beautiful part Danish wife Beth! 


Speakers Corner



We had to activate our Eurail passes before our departure.  I purchased a 3 country, 5 day pass.  Meaning I can travel within 3 connecting countries on 5 different days within a 2 month period.  Richard had reserved 1st class tickets with assign seats. While it sounds high end the reality is that we were not rushing to find a seat nor a place to store our luggage.  The benefit of 1st class is that is was empty (although we did receive a coupon for a coffee and croissant).

Our train took us South West towards Hambugh, at RØdby our ICE train drove on to the ferry.  We had to exit the train, as they locked it and we spent the next 45 minutes going via the Baltic Sea from Denmark to Germany.

So some train journey photo's


2 comments:

  1. Ice for me and klampenborg... How romantic. Love seeing your trip in near real time.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, our old stomping grounds Klampenborg!

    Thanks for posting a comment

    ReplyDelete