Friday, April 20, 2012

Golf, Scooter and hopefully diving again!

Given the opportunity to take advantage of my time off, I've had fun with a few other interests.

I am trying some golf.  My baseball swing has been a challenge in this sport, but when I hit a solid drive, it feels sooooooo good.  I've now golfed twice at the 3 par 9 hole Golden Gate Park golf course and also twice at Fleming Park.  Plus I was fortunate to have my Father-In-Law in town and he helped me tremendously with my swing, plus he gave me a gift of a pull golf cart so I won't have to carry my bags anymore (very thoughtful and appreciated).  I look forward to improving as I continue to play.

Thursday, April 19 I had my first scooter lesson.  Let me explain, on March 13, 2012 I went to the DMV and passed the written motorcycle test and had my picture taken.  When I was paying the young African American woman asked me if I waned to change my hair color from brown.  I asked her isn't it still brown? She said "maybe in the back, a little" with both laughed.  By passing the written test I have like a "permit" I can drive a motorcycle I can't can't drive at night, nor could I take passengers.  So my buddy and his wife both have Honda Elite 250's scooter.  He let me take her scooter and I followed him down to the Presidio...those first few turns where interesting.  In any case he's a great teacher and he had me work on 3 different skills which will help me improve.  I have to pass a driving test at DMV within one year.  So I look forward to not only getting better but purchasing an old used scooter.  I plan to use the scooter primarily to go to my San Francisco Giants games.  GO GIANTS!

Lastly, I just had my scuba tank Hydro'd....so it's good for another 5 years.  I picked up some dive information from Bamboo Reef and plan on doing some diving down in Monterey!

Hope everyone enjoys the summer weather this weekend in San Francisco.

No comments:

Post a Comment