Monday, April 23, 2012

Unemployed and wondering what's next in my life!

After working 31 straight years in the Hospitality business I am currently open to new opportunities.  Most recently I worked 17+ years for the Hyatt Resorts and Spas of Hawaii.

On one level I knew the day would come that Hyatt would decide to close my office and relocate my role to an on property position in Hawaii, however when it actually happens it is still a shock.

I was told on Tuesday, November 8th, 2011 that Friday 11-11-11, would be my last day with Hyatt.  I am very proud of my accomplishments with Hyatt.  Hyatt is/was an outstanding company to work for especially the Hawaiian Resorts. I believe that when one door closes another one opens.....

I've really enjoyed my time not working....I skied more then I ever have, thanks to wonderful friends who own a condo in Bear Valley and invite me to stay with them (and a $100 month ski pass).  I spent a about 10 days with Beth in San Diego at the Hyatt La Jolla, she would go to work I would go out and play.  Went to LA for a Wedding, to Scottsdale for my annual Spring training weekend and completed numerous projects around our house.  The project I most enjoy completing is an outdoor shower in our Kenwood home.

Recently I started my Outplacement program (included as part of my "separation" package with Hyatt) with Lee, Hecth, Harrison (LHH).  Given this opportunity I am considering the possibility of changing careers.  I am taking the Myers-Briggs test and other similar tests.  I am hopeful these will help me knowing my personality type and what careers might best fit what I love to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment