Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday, October 18 - our last "full day" in Buenos Aires

Today we walked around the Recoleta area in Buenos Aires.  We planned our day around visiting the Teatro Colon.  It's known to be one of the World's Best acoustic sounding venues.  It was also visually incredible inside.  If only we had been in town to see a show.
Beth being a model with the Obelisk in the background


Stain glass ceiling in the Teatro Colon

Mozart in Teatro Colon!

It was just before we took our tour of the Teatro Colon when I notice that my "regular" glasses were no longer in my back pocket.  Having a pair of regular and then sunglasses that are both prescription is a pain to switch back and forth.  I've traveled enough to know never to carry anything in the back pocket of my pants...but I NEVER thought anyone would pickpocket my eye glasses.....well it happened...I had on my sunglasses and somewhere, somehow my regular glass where no longer in my back pocket.  Losing my regular glasses did not effect my experience in the Teatro Colon, it was awesome.

We went back to our hotel the Palacio Duhau Park Hyatt Buenos Aires to rest as we are going to see a Tango show called El Querandi this evening.  Here is a video of the show:


What was nice about this Tango is that it traces the history of Tango over time.  Therefore their outfits, dances and styles change over the different periods of time.


No comments:

Post a Comment