Sunday, September 13, 2015

Kata Tjuta (Uluru departure day, Cairns arrival) - Mom's Yahrzeit - Sunday, September 13, 2015

Our pick up for this tour was at 5:45am in order to see the sun rise at Kata Tjuta.  Kata Tjuta means (many heads) I think you will see why from the series of photo's below.

I would be remiss if I din't mention that we did a lot of Aussie salute's (brushing away fly's with the hand) hear in Uluru!






On the drive to the sunrise viewing site we had to stop as one young husband, who had just completed chemotherapy (Ian), felt nauseas and pu…..ed on the side of the road.  We were in the front seat so I offered to move to the back of the van (it was only a 10 person van) and sit next to his wife and two boys, as I knew he would feel better in the front seat.  Thus started our half-day relationship with them.  



After the sunrise the tour included a breakfast of hot cooked toast, coffee, hot coco, tea, cereal, fruit, etc.  The two boys (Owen and Harvey) are like 5 and 7 and they were rambunctious.  The older boy, Owen, was tossing a Frisbee to himself.  So I took him to a wider space away from breakfast and played toss with him.  Of course his younger brother, Harvey,  came over to join us, we had fun.

Why am I listing all of this….well tonight at sunset will start Yahrzeit for my Mom.  And I found it unique the younger son’s name is HARVEY.  Ok so I stretched it a bit to make it connect….but take a look at the way Harvey is looking at me.  BTW Harvey would NOT EVER let his Mum or Dad take a photo of him.


We all had a nice walk up to Kata Tjuta, etc…. we then went back to the hotel took a quick shower and off we went to the airport for our 3 hour flight to Cairns. 
Also departure day….flight to Cairns at 3:35 pm

We arrived and checked into the Shangri La Hotel.  First thing I did was to light a Yahrzeit candle (tea light) for Mom and say the Mourner’s Kaddish and El Moley Rachamim.  I have a TINY prayer booked I think was my Dad’s from the Riverside Memorial Chapel – Douglas Road – 1717 S.W. 37th Avenue, MIAMI.  Tonight is also the start of Rosh Hashanah….Happy New Year 5776.

We then had dinner and went right to bed as we needed to get on our Live aboard boat at 7:30am tomorrow morning.

No comments:

Post a Comment