Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Low tide walk…open house at the University of Queensland Research Centre all on erev Yom Kippur evening

I started off this day of erev Yom Kippur with the morning sunrise….for some reason….maybe the birds….I could not sleep!



Then after a wonderful buffet breakfast we took the low tide walk with Sara Margaret Keltie.  Sara is passionate about the oceans it was refereshing to be with her.  She has done some amazing things, check out her time on the Sea Shepherd. We were all lucky and surprised to see a Epaulette shark…..a shark that can WALK!!!  Sara even caught it so we could feel it, etc.  This shark can breath air for up to about and hour without any side effects.  


Here are my photo's of our low tide walk




Blue Sea Star - Blue Linckia


Sea Hare

Yes, this is a crab. I forget it's name some thing like a moss crab?
At this sunset I started my 24 hour fast for Yom Kippur.  So I've been fortunate to see the sunrise in the East and the sun set in the West as I start my fast.


No comments:

Post a Comment