Friday, September 18, 2015

Port Douglas 4 Mile Beach day - Friday, September 18, 2015

We spent today walking 4 mile beach and kicking around Port Douglas.

Check out the water temperature on the board…..24 celsius which is 75 fahrenheit…which is WARM ocean water!!!



Ice cream on the beach anyone?  As I've mentioned numerous times that THE PEOPLE of Autralia were AMAZING…this guy is having fun.  He gave me the Thumps Up as I had on my SF Giants hat. When I purchased an ice cream from him all he could talk about was Jarryd Hayne.  I think he may have thought my Giants hat was a 49er hat!


Stingers



I have seen snow angels but never before a beach angel or wave angel?


 Port Douglas at sunset

We also loved this old church, this part of Australia remindeds me of the old Plantation days in Hawaii. The flora and fauna as well as the homes and structures as well as the Sugar Cane harvesting all made me feel like I was in Hawaii.

This link is a little history of St. Mary's by the Sea






We hate to leave Port Douglas, we loved it here….but with a 5:30 am departure flight tomorrow morning from Cairns we decided to drive back to Cairns tonight so we wouldn't have to get up at 2:45AM!

No comments:

Post a Comment